- Teeth whitening kits, gels, layers և toothpaste can be all means to clean stains.
- For quick teeth whitening, consult your dentist about office teeth whitening treatment.
- You can also brush, floss, limit colored drinks, and avoid smoking to protect your white teeth.
- Visit the Insider’s Health Reference library for more tips.
Many of us look in the mirror and want whiter teeth. But it is difficult to navigate the endless number of whitening products on the market: whitening kits, strips, toothpaste, etc.
According to dentists, the best way to whiten your teeth is with a regular brush and floss և to be consistent with any product you choose.
Here’s a complete guide to teeth whitening – how you can quickly and effectively get white teeth.
What to know before you start whitening your teeth?
Consulting your dentist is always the best first step when deciding how to whiten your teeth. Your dentist can talk to you about the right options for you, depending on your teeth և any previous dental work.
“If you have a crown, a lining or a nucleus, you have to remember that it will not whiten,” said Genarso Romo, DDS, dentist խոս spokesman for the American Dental Association.
He can also understand what is polluting your teeth in the first place. Tooth Injuries և Genetic factors can cause discoloration, which can be difficult to resolve. But there are many lifestyles that can prevent white teeth.
According to Minika Dental dentist Onika Patel of DDS, the main culprits of stained teeth are:
- The mind
- Drink beverages such as wine, coffee or tea
- Not being able to brush your teeth regularly
When you first look at the behavior that can contaminate your teeth, it will significantly increase your chances of success with the following teeth whitening products.
Teeth whitening accessories
Whitening kits include two ingredients: whitening gel և mouth tray. For effectiveness, the whitening gel should contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, both of which are proven to be whitening agents.
You can buy teeth whitening kits without a prescription from any local pharmacy, or you can work with your dentist to create a more personalized whitening kit for your needs.
“We print your teeth, we make these trays, and you take them home,” says Romo. You will usually use gel և trays at home for about 30 minutes a day for a week or two, depending on what your dentist recommends.
Romo says whitening can be done in the dentist’s office, it only takes an hour. This office bleach is ideal for patients who do not think they will be consistent with using bleach kits at home.
Although they are much cheaper, home whitening kits can take longer to be effective.
A small clinical trial in 2005 found that office treatment և home treatment could achieve similar whitening results, but home treatment lasted an average of 16 days instead of one day of office treatment.
Whitening pads are similar to kits because they both contain whitening gel and mouthwash. But in layers, the gel is pre-applied to disposable plastic.
Like home whitening kits, Romo says layers can be effective, although seeing the result can take longer. “The gel is not as strong as what you would find in a dental office, but it will help whiten your teeth,” says Romo.
You need a regular toothbrush to clean your teeth. Although brushing with any toothpaste should help prevent tooth discoloration,
he can also get an extra touch.
“Some of the toothpaste can scrape a little more; it helps to remove external stains,” says Romo. However, some whitening toothpastes can also be extremely abrasive and cause tooth sensitivity.
Romo և Patel advised you to look for whitening toothpaste with the seal of the American Dental Association, which will help ensure that it is not too abrasive և does not damage your tooth enamel.
Natural teeth whitening at home
There are many natural home remedies for teeth whitening, but some work better than others, and some dentists say they should be avoided altogether.
Whiten teeth naturally at home.
- Brush regularly և thread. Toothbrushing says that brushing your teeth and keeping them clean from food helps prevent tartar, which can cause teeth to turn yellow. The American Dental Association recommends that people brush their teeth twice a day and floss once a day.
- Use drinking straws. Dentists recommend drinking straws, such as wine, tea or coffee, if possible. The coating says that it prevents the drinks from coming into contact with the tooth enamel, so they are not contaminated.
- Stay away from charcoal. Charcoal toothpaste may be popular, but Patel and Romo strongly warn their patients not to use it, as it is very abrasive. “I shudder to see people brushing their teeth with charcoal. “It hurts for me as a dentist to watch it,” he says. Studies continue to warn about charcoal for teeth whitening due to its ineffectiveness and abrasive nature.
- Baking guess with soda. While this is a common practice, many dentists also find baking soda to be extremely abrasive. In a randomized controlled trial in 2015, DIY teeth whitening techniques were used on 120 extracted human moles to see how well they were working. The group that used strawberry puree mixed with baking soda found that it was less effective than traditional bleaching products.
- Avoid oil. The American Dental Association says there is no proven evidence that stretching oil helps whiten teeth. Although some people swear by this folk remedy, science just has not found that rotating oil in your mouth is effective for teeth whitening.
In general, brushing your teeth խուսափ avoiding stains is the best first line treatment for teeth whitening, but there are many teeth whitening products on the market that are safe and effective.
For bleaching kits և layers, consumers should look for bleaching gels that are proven to be bleaching agents such as urea peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. And make sure your whitening toothpaste has an ADA approval stamp.
Experts say that consistency is possible, so if you want to whiten your teeth տեսնել to see results, for maximum effectiveness you should use the product every day for the recommended period.